Sunday, June 22, 2008

Little Chap...

My sweet cousin Laura, who I have just recently "discovered", sent me this poem. She said that her mother had it in her bible since her baby boy (Laura's brother) was born... 59 years. She thought it would be nice for me to have... so I've put it in Cade's baby book.

The Little Chap Who Follows Me

A careful man I ought to be;
A little fellow follows me;
I do not dare to go astray
For fear he'll go the self-same way.

I must not madly step aside,
Where pleasure's paths are smooth and wide,
And join in wine's red reverlry~
A little fellow follows me.

I cannot once escape his eyes;
Whatever he sees me do he tries~
Like me, he says, he's going to be;
The little chap who follows me.

He thinks that I am good and fine,
Believes in every word of mine;
The base in me he must not see,
The little chap who follows me.

I must remember as I go,
through summer's sun and winter's snow,
I'm building for the years to be,
A little fellow follows me.

No comments: