Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Finally an update...

Sorry I haven’t updated the blog in a few days. We have been busy… with what, I’m not sure, but seems like there just aren’t enough hours in the day. I’ve been having a harder time balancing mommy life with working at home. It is so much harder than I anticipated. I still thank God every day for being able to stay at home with Cade. These are precious times in his life that I couldn’t imagine missing out on. Nothing is more important. We’re making it work, even though he’s not napping as much through the day, and I’m not able to work as much through the day -- coffee is my fuel and I can get a LOT of work done from 8-11 p.m. (while he’s in bed) – as long as I’ve had my evening pot of coffee!

Cade had his chest x-ray done today at the hospital. This is in preparation for his big appointment with the pediatric cardiologist on Friday morning. We are hoping that they will give us the ALL CLEAR on Friday and we won't have to go through any more tests. The x-ray was worse than we thought it would be. No, no one touched him. No machines touched him. He simply had to lay beneath the x-ray machine & be still. But I'm sure that anyone who was walking up or down the hallway outside thought we were skinning him alive. It was terrible. He cried and screamed like he was dying. When I finally was able to pick him up, he would look at the x-ray machine as if it were some kind of monster! He was terrified of it.

So as you can imagine, mommy is NOT looking forward to his EKG on Friday. I don't even want to think about it!

Other than our eventful day at the hospital today, Cade is wonderful. I won't brag on how well he has been sleeping at night... I learned my lesson the last time *wink wink*... He loves cartoons... ESPECIALLY Little Einsteins. He even has their book and he goes crazy every time he sees it. We actually figured out that if there are cartoons on, he WILL NOT go to sleep... we figured that out after trying to get him to go to sleep for over 2 hours, only to realize that we'd been watching a Family Guy marathon & he was fighting to stay up and watch it... after the show went off, The Office came on, and he fell right to sleep!

Coming soon to the blog: Baby Signing... That's right, you heard it here first! We will be signing with Cade... and if you interact with him on a regular basis, you'll be learning some signs too.

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Good luck on Friday hun. I hope it all goes well for Cade AND mommy!! Baby signing? FUN!