Friday, January 2, 2009

A few little updates...

Sorry it's been a few days since I've updated. I guess we've just been recovering from the holidays this week. Thought I'd better update a little before I get in trouble with my readers ;)

Cade has 2 new teeth... both of his top front teeth came in this week. They are just below the gum line, barely noticeable, but they're DEFINITELY there! For one thing, his bite HURTS! And I guess because it's new, he thinks he should grit them with his bottom teeth, which sounds like nails on a chalkboard to me!

He is finally mobile. He doesn't exactly crawl on all 4s but he can get across the living room doing the army crawl in a matter of seconds! He's really fast. Just kind of drags himself on his belly. It's so funny.

He is getting much better at entertaining himself for longer periods of time. He will sit in the floor & play with all his new toys. I have a basket that I pile all of his little toys into... he loves getting into that basket and pulling out toys, one at a time, playing with one for a while, throwing it in the floor and then moving on to the next toy. He eventually empties the basket and then my living room looks like a disaster!

He's eating really well, new finger foods and table foods all the time. Still can't get him to actually feed himself but I'm sure that my rotten boy will eventually figure it out.

He is really starting to jabber now. Lately it has been "da da da da da da" until I think my head will explode. I asked him to please throw in some "mom mom" too, just to humor me. He DOES say "mom mom" when he wants me or is crying... but for the other 20 hours in the day, it's "da da". And then there are the random jabbering sounds. I caught him talking to his rubber duckie in the bathtub the other night. He was just looking at it and jabbering. I just couldn't help but wonder what he was thinking!

That's it for now! I'll post some new pics when I get them uploaded. Hope you all had a happy New Year!

No comments: